Thursday, September 12, 2013

Alex Bodnar Bike Check

Alex recently went under knee surgery and is resting with his time off. So I thought why not shoot him an e-mail and see what his set up is like these days. He's got a super clean ride and has been running a freecoaster before it became the latest fad. Check out the parts he is riding after the jump.
Alex and his Haro SD.


Name: Alex Bodnar
Age:
20
Height:
5’9”
Weight:
160lbs
Location:
Bordentown, NJ
Sponsors:
Efingers
Haro SD 20.8"

Frame: Haro SD 20.8"
Fork:
Odyssey F25
Bars:
Kink Lynx
Stem:
Colony Official
Grips:
ODI Longnecks
Barends:
Odyssey Par Ends
Headset:
FSA
Brake(s):
Odyssey Evo 2
Brake Lever(s):
Odyssey Trgger
Gyro:
N/A
Clamp:
Integrated
Seatpost:
Kink Stump
Seat:
The Shadow Conspiracy
Pedals:
Duo Resilite
Cranks:
Profile Spline Drive
Sprocket:
Tree Spline Drive
Chain:
The Shadow Conspiracy Halflink
Bottom Bracket: The Shadow Conspiracy
Front Tire:
Maxxis DTH
Front Wheel:
Tree hub laced to a Primo Balance 7005 Rim
Rear Tire:
Maxxis Grifter
Rear Wheel:
Federal V2 Freecoaster laced to a Primo Balance 7005 Rim
Pegs:
Primo Binary Light
Duo Resilite Pedals, Profile Spline Cranks.

Any modifications?
I cut my bars down to 27 ½ inches, I zip-tied my front hubguard on and I painted one side of my front foot pedals white for pedal/luc-e grinds.
Tree Hub laced to a Primo Balance 7005 Rim, Primo Binary Light Pegs, Odyssey F25 Forks.

How much PSI do you run in your tires?
I usually run around 80 PSI.
Kink Lynx Bars, Colony Official Stem.

Newest part on your bike?
My seat.
Shadow Seat, Shadow Half Link Chain, Profile Spline Cranks, Tree Spline Drive Sprocket.

Oldest part on your bike?
Stem.

How long have you been running a freecoaster and was there a particular reason you switched to a freecoaster or was it just something you wanted to do?
I have been riding a freecoaster since I started riding. I always watched people like Ian Schwartz and Karl Poynter and their riding made me want to buy a freecoaster only a month after I got my first complete bike. Since then I have ridden a cassette, but it is not as fun for me.
Shadow Half Link Chain, Profile Spline Cranks, Tree Spline Drive Sprocket.

What parts do you go through the most?
I go through seats a lot because my knee brace rips them. Oh and tires.

Your favorite trick?
Tabletop or barspin.

Any crazy stories about your bike?
This one time I was shooting pictures for a bike check and my bike fell in the Delaware River.
Haro SD Head Tube, Odyssey F25 Forks, Colony Official Stem.

Shout outs/Thanks?
I would like to thank Efingers for giving me this opportunity and everyone who has helped me along the way. You guys rule! I would also like to thank my parents for bringing me everywhere to ride when I was younger and supporting me. Oh and Michael Donahue for shooting these rad photos of my bike. Go check him out at michaeldonahue.tumblr.com

No comments: