Monday, July 22, 2013

Kyle Olinger Bike Check

Kyle is next up in our bike check list. Kyle can 3-whip a box like no other and loves to keep his bike absolutely dialed. See what he is riding and why he still runs a gyro unlike many other riders after the jump.


Name: Kyle Olinger
Age: 18
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 150
Location: Ogdensburg, NJ
Sponsors: Efinger Sporting Goods

Frame: Kink Tocco V2
Fork: Colony Official
Bars: Sputnic? 
Stem: Animal Remix
Grips: Demolition Team
Barends: Kink Lightest Barends
Headset: Demolition
Brake(s): Fly
Brake Lever(s): Odyssey Mono lever
Gyro: Odyssey 
Clamp: Integrated
Seatpost: Animal Pivotal
Seat: Fiend Team
Pedals: Duo Resilite
Cranks: Odyssey Thunder Bolts 175mm
Sprocket: Éclat Sylar
Chain: KMC Something
Bottom Bracket: The Shadow Conspiracy, Spanish
Front Tire: Alienation Graffiti
Front Rim: Alienation Skylark
Front Hub: Demolition Bulimia
Rear Tire: Duo Stunner
Rear Rim: Odyssey Hazard
Rear Hub: Odyssey V3 Cassette
Pegs: Kink Light
Kink Tocco V2 Mint Green.

Any modifications/extras?
Eraser cap valve caps.
Odyssey Hazard Lite, V3 Cassette, Duo Stunner tire.

How do you like your bike to feel?
Dialed! No strange noises or creaks.
Fiend Team Seat, Sputnic Bars.

How much PSI do you run in your tires? 
I try to keep them at 60.
Odyssey Thunder Bolts 175mm.

Newest part on your bike?
My Fiend seat.
Animal Remix Stem, Sputnic Bars.

Oldest part on your bike? 
The Animal Pivotal post. I got that before I even got a bike (laughs).
Kink Light Pegs, Demolition Bulimia Hub, Colony Official Fork, Alienation Skylark Rim, Alienation Graffiti Tire.


What parts do you go through the most? 
Pedals/grips. 
Duo Resilite Pedals, Odyssey Thunder Bolt Cranks 175mm.

Your favorite trick? 
A 3-whip over a box jump, for sure! 
Éclat Sylar Sprocket.

Any crazy stories about your bike?
Nothing too crazy with this one.  But the bike I had before my last one I was convinced was cursed, (laughs) not even joking. It broke off the original owner two times I believe. I got it and entered a contest at Shields Skatepark and mid-run my wheel shifted and ruined my run. Anyway, I was so pissed my bike ruined my contest run, I went back to H-Town Skatepark (Hackettstown), which was my local park at the time and my mom managed it so it was like my second home, to hopefully get a good sesh in...Anyway, 30 minutes in I snapped my leg in half resulting in surgery. Eight inch plate and nine screws (laughs). Anyway, woke up from surgery the next day with about 100 unread text messages about how the landlord was ripping down H-Town (laughs). AND that all happened a day after my birthday (laughs). Sh*t luck, huh?
Animal Remix Stem, Odyssey Gyro.

You seem to be one of the many few who still run a gyro, what's your reasoning behind that?
Like I said, my mom was the manager of a skatepark/roller rink in Hackettstown and she always saw brakeless kids coming out all mangled up because they couldn't stop and slammed into each other. So when she finally started letting me get into it, my brakes weren't allowed to come off, (laughs).
Extended Superman.
 
Shout outs/Thanks? 
Definitely my mom and dad, they've always backed me 100%. Also, all my friends/family, the dudes that keep me motivated and psyched to ride, and EFINGERS and all the dudes who help me out there, thanks!
Handplant over vert at Shields Skatepark.

No comments: