Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nick Polnasek Bike Check

With the return of the blog, we have decided to start doing bike checks for the dudes on the team. First up is Nick Polnasek, the manager of the team and a really good shredder. Check out what he's riding and how he likes his bike to feel.

Nick and his Kink Tocco V2. 


Name: Nick Polnasek
Age: 20
Height: 6'0
Weight: 160
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Sponsors: Efinger Sporting Goods

Frame: Kink Tocco V2 21”
Fork: Deco Fu Forks w/ 990 Mounts
Bars: Fiend Team Bars 8.5” x 28.5”
Stem: Kink Hittle Topload
Grips: ODI Longneck
Barends: ODI
Headset: Kink
Brake(s): Odyssey Evo 2 when I run brakes
Brake Lever(s): Odyssey Long
Gyro: None
Clamp: Integrated
Seatpost: Kink
Seat: Deco Deche Fat
Pedals: The Shadow Conspiracy Ravager
Cranks: Profile Bossless w/ Ti Spindle
Sprocket: Tree OG
Chain: The Shadow Conspiracy Halflink V2
Bottom Bracket: Kink
Front Tire: Odyssey Aitken K-lyte 2.25”
Front Rim: The Shadow Conspiracy Orbis
Front Hub: The Shadow Conspiracy Raptor
Rear Tire: Odyssey Aitken K-lyte 2.25”
Rear Rim: The Shadow Conspiracy Stun
Rear Hub: The Shadow Conspiracy BTR 9t LHD
Pegs: 3 Shadow Conspiracy Little Ones
Kink Tocco V2 21".

Any modifications/extras?
Cut steerer tube, painted one side of each pedal, and a DK spoke wrench used as a valve cap.
The Shadow Conspiracy rim, hub, and pegs. Odyssey Aitken tires. Deco Fu forks. 


How do you like your bike to feel?
Solid and responsive.
The Shadow Conspiracy rim, hub, half-link chain. Odyssey Aitken tire.

How much PSI do you run in your tires?
About 75psi, if I remember to pump them up.
Kink Hittle topload stem.

Newest part on your bike?
My Fiend bars.
Fiend Team bars.

Oldest part on your bike?
Mutiny carbon headset spacers and pegs.
The Shadow Conspiracy rim, hub, and peg.

What parts do you go through the most?
Chains and pedals.
The Shadow Conspiracy front hub guards and peg.

Your favorite trick?
Either a clicked x-up or a 360.
Deco Deche Fat seat.

Any crazy stories about your bike?
This one time back in 2012 I had destroyed a Cult frame a few days before a contest, so I ordered up my Kink Tocco. I managed to get the frame and build up my bike literally the day before a contest. I didn't even get to pedal it once before the contest and still took first (place). The best part was that I was so stoked on my friends placing in the top five, that I didn't realize I had won (laughs).

A solid and responsive ride.

Shout outs/Thanks?
Thanks to my dad for always supporting my sport and pushing me to ride harder, my friends for pushing me to ride more and anyone that's ever helped me out! Shout out to Efingers for the hook ups and to Kink for hooking me up with awesome stuff I that I don't break!

No comments: